Gratitude for 30 of the most important lessons in my Life...
1. I don't want to be a taker, I am a giver.
2. I don't want to be a manipulator, I am self-controlled.
3. I don't want to be an intimidator, I give people free choice.
4. I don't want to be a con artist, I choose to be real.
5. I don't want to be a remodelled woman, I choose to stay natural.
6. I don't want to be a sadomasochist, I don't inflict pain.
7. I don't want to be a player or be played upon, I am sincere and no fool.
8. I don't want to be a cheater, I play by the rules.
9. I don't want to be a coward, I have no fear, I am courageous.
10. I don't hold my hand up or ask for money, I work hard and make my own.
11. I don't want to go broke, I save and invest.
12. I don't want to be ignorant and stupid, I educate myself and investigate.
13. I don't want to live my life with secrets, I am an open-book.
14. I don't want to swallow my frustration, I am raw and honest.
15. I don't want to blame others for my mistakes, I take responsibility.
16. I don't want to lie or be lied to, I tell the truth and deserve nothing less but the truth.
17. I don't want to search for the ideal person, I love imperfections.
18. I don't want to depend on other's adoration, attention or appreciation, I have a healthy sense of self-love and confidence.
19. I don't want to be disrespectful or unfaithful, I want to be committed, honour and protect the ones I love.
20. I don't want to run from 'issues', I prefer to communicate and resolve.
21. I don't want to live in the past, I am present.
22. I don't want to desert my child for my own selfish needs, I am a mother and I take my role as parent very seriously.
23. I don't want to distance myself, I want to be close, hug and feel.
24. I don't want to be addicted, I try my best to stay clean and pure.
25. I don't want to be alone (but I can and love it sometimes), I prefer to be together, united in mind, body and spirit.
26. I don't want to be sad or depressed, I choose to be HAPPY.
27. I don't want to miss out on lessons by difficult people, I want to learn and be a student.
28. I don't want to stay stuck in one place, I want to travel and explore.
29. I don't want to hide myself, I am right here and you can find me.
30. In a nutshell....I don't want to pretend to be someone other then ME, authentic and that's what you'll get.
I am Happy Buddha Aruba, a Badass Yoga Rebel, Namaste
About the Author
Badass Yoga Rebel, otherwise known as Corinne Voermans, founder of Happy Buddha Aruba writes about all sorts of topics but primarily about how to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself and others based upon her own life experiences and challenges. With the help of many co-authors its her mission to help and support others going through rough times. May there be light at the end of the stairway to heaven. Realise that before we get there you're going to sweat. The steps can be filled with obstacles. You could fall a couple times by taking a misstep but in the end its about the climb and reaching the top. Don't be scared, you're not alone, others will help you move on so be fearless through the struggles of life for it's the only way of becoming your true authentic self. Namaste